vrijdag 13 augustus 2010

It's an unclear story, suspicious.

Dit is een gastcolumn van gastcolumnist A

People don't talk about work, but about the candy, eh... candybox, or the bikebuilding. The doors you know, they are so heavy! I'm not allowed to go into the institute because the doors are so heavy. Ridiculous. Bert is the one who is always inviting us for lunch, always talking about holidays. He's never stressed, completely relaxed. We don't know what he's doing, he never talks about work. There are few people who are working hard. The others, they are so relaxed. They leave at exactly 5 o'clock, not one minute later. So relaxed! No one knows what he is doing. Relaxed all the time. And he's the one with a big salary. Tom van Raam, the director, no one knows what he's doing. Not any teaching! We are working for just one year, we dó have to participate.
- You went to where? ... Only one month.
We even considered that it is not of very high standard. There is this other guy from Canada ... A girl! ... A girl from Canada, she is crazy. She is looking for a boy for a long time. She wants a baby. She's not so technical, so the database, the interface, you know, you have to learn the SQL language. We have very high standards and many people don't meet our standards, but I guess this counts for most places.
- So you still get paid on location? Why do you choose to work instead? You're so noble!
There's so many things that you don't like, it's not good for us. But you have to listen yo us, not to some crazy people. Robert? He wanted to inform you, he was serious, it was not a joke. We have a lot of opinions about his work.
- Hmm, very long texts, but yeah I understand these. It's very hard work and the only thing to rely on for me.
But his papers are really rediculous. The thing he writes, ridiculous. There are so many ridiculous papers, but if I say something about it, the editor will think I'm crazy. But why does he look so pale? His face is not healthy. Why he looks so pale? He's not Dutch. And he's never out there. You want tea? It's hot? Ice cream is hot? Hahaha. You should work at our institute, you would fit in.
- Yes, I adore you, I learn a lot from you two!
At this stage, I understand it's too superficial. That's a good thing to see. We should stop doing research and write a paper. My life is a situation in which I spend time on something taht doesn't work. And also, if it doesn't work, you should write a paper about it, where your method failed. That's how we learn from our colleagues. Hahaha.
I wanted to change to iPhone, and my roommate also, but that's too gay, too intimate.
She was laughing hard and a lot of fun. We left our old home for the last time and on the parking space we met the guy who helped us on the new home. That's only one coincidence. It's an unclear story, suspicious. So maybe in the end, Eline is not spoiled. It's not my baby, I just left! When I came back there was even more space.
- I can't believe you tell a story about your girlfriend in such a way.
It's not so nice maybe, but it cannot be true, she's not spoiled. Bad things. I've heard this story several times.
- You tell this when she's present? You're quite a guy.
But I tell it to her parents. That's why she never says anything. Funny. She had problems with her mother.
- How about her father?
He is also crazy. He's too optimistic. He has precision. A permanent position, but moving from one school to another. And he thinks he has done the perfect application, that they need him there. The first time I believed him, but no one else was listening to him, like me. I think she is crazy in a similar way as I am. Exactly. We are hard to approach. In the beginning. She doesn't talk to other people than me. When the moment's there she doesn't say anything. That's her nature. She and her mother. Are you calling your parents often?
- Every two weeks on a normal cell phone
Quite expensive!
- Not that much.
I'm surprised about that. Prepaid.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. He has precision.

    Dit is de beste column die ik hier gelezen heb. Geniaal A: you've made my day.

    Wel nieuwsgierig, zelfverzonnen of Google Translate?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. haha, bedankt! nee, dit is een min of meer letterlijke transcriptie van een gesprek dat drie nerds in chinees-indisch restaurant hong kong met elkaar voerden. een aanrader voor als je eens niks te doen hebt: neem je notitieblokje mee en begin te schrijven!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen